Tuesday, June 23, 2009

declares the Lord.

God has each of us on a journey. A journey has character. It is unique. It has a beginning, a middle, and an end.

God tells Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you."

God set me on my journey long ago when He formed me, when He placed me in certain circumstances, when He used everything and everyone around me as well as His spirit to whittle away - as a fine Creator does - all that was, is, and will be me. The journey of my life has had valleys, and it is has had great mountaintops. And I will praise the Lord forevermore for all that He has done according to His good and perfect will.

Next step of the journey: Uganda.

You're reading this because you know that I am taking a journey to Mbale, Uganda, with my travels starting on June 29. There I will be working as a willing spirit to be both hands and feet, serving whatever and wherever I am needed. I've been soaking in wisdom from the organization I am traveling with, diving into the provided reading materials, watching a DVD showing exactly where I will be.

But there is only so much to be known, so much to expect, so much to specifically hope for.

Do I know not? Expect not? Or hope not?

No. I just do each of those things in specific ways.

While I do wish to be safe, my biggest prayer and heart's desire is not safety. My prayer, expectation, and hope is this: That God be glorified in it all.

God has a plan for me as I head to Uganda for two weeks to do His work. I know not what it is, and so I simply pray for a willing spirit, an open mind, and sensitive and moldable heart. I walk in faith.

I have a plan for you, declares the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment