Saturday, June 27, 2009

they shall run, and not be weary.

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see…
My God, my Savior, has ransomed me…

Some of the highlights of the last 24 hours:
- Spending time with my VA family that has been house hunting in Alaska for the last week. And praise God, it was successful and they are very excited! Being with them is and has always been such a treasure, and every moment is significant as I prepare for a long goodbye on Monday when I fly out. The gratitude and praises overflow as I look back on this year and how God has used them in beautifully loving and gracious ways, all of which have and will continue to impact my life.
- The move into my new home is DONE! Moving was a huge hurdle to be jumped prior to leaving for Uganda, and praise God for an amazing couple, the new home, and exciting times of fellowship to come! And to the three gentlemen who lended their gracious hands and joyful spirits, I am indebted to you :)
- In less than 48 hours, I will be on my way to LONDON! My mind can baaarely fathom it right now. With that said…

My biggest prayer requests:
- FOCUS… Of the spirit, heart, and mind on things eternal, on my upcoming trip, on surrendering to His mercy and grace in humility.
- Strength… not of me but a true acceptance of that which only flows from God.
- JOY. The things of this world will perish, spoil, and fade, but there is great joy to be had in the God who sees me without blemish and loves me in a way that no earthly mind could possibly comprehend… And that loves endures FOREVER. So yes… JOY, a joy that overflows.

There has been so much going on over the last month, and there is so much to encounter in the month to come. I am honestly tired… My spirit feels a bit worn…

I know it is by the Lord’s grace alone that I will be strong, take heart, serve joyfully, and prevail and love in the name of Jesus Christ.

Father God, my sole prayer is this: That You get the glory in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment