Thursday, June 25, 2009

a heart's preparation.

Friends,

I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but I am actually moving locally here in northern Virginia just two days before I fly out to Africa. In addition to that, I will be saying goodbye to the people that have been my incredible family and mentors to me in many ways over the last year. (Being an Air Force family, they are relocating all the way to Alaska and start that process while I a out of the country.)

With that said, I spent yesterday packing slowly for Africa as I sorted through the emotions of saying goodbye to people so dear to me, anticipating a change in my home, and trying to focus on what there is in store for me in Uganda and all the encounters surrounding it.

I have been intentional about having quiet times to pray as I sort through thoughts and emotions of what is to come. There is a lot on my plate, and the weight will continue to be heavy over these next few days.

If you could please be praying along with me, I am praying for a supernatural peace, sense of truth and freedom, focus on the eternal things of the Kingdom, and comfort in resting in the arms of the Lord through every twist and turn. May God get all the glory in this time of surrendering so much of my comforts and security unto Him.

The song that's been speaking a lot of truth to my heart over the last week,

"With every breath, with every thought
From what is seen to the deepest part
I offer all that I've come to be
To know Your love fathering me

Father You're all I need
My soul's sufficiency
My strength when I am week
The love that carries me
your arms enfold me, till I am only
A child of God

With every step on this journey's walk
And wisdom's songs that the soul has sought
I give myself unreservedly
To know Your love fathering me"

Vineyard's "Child of God"

1 comment:

  1. i'll be praying for your journey and move! for your safety, travels and, more importantly, for a long lasting love for the people (and those in unfortunate situations like them) and faith in God to work in amazing ways!

    can't wait to see pictures and hear about it!
    love,

    meggo

    ReplyDelete