Wednesday, June 24, 2009

surgery sponsor? :) overflowing gratitude.

God has provided the funding for this trip in some tremendous, tremendous ways. My entire trip, costing upwards of $3,500... was entirely fundraised in almost THREE WEEKS! The pressure was on to raise the amount for my flight within three weeks, and then some more was raised thereafter to cover the rest of the costs over a month before that due date.

(Okay, seriously... You guys totally rocked in responding quickly and so generously. Praise God for that astounding work through each of you! I was so blessed in just watching the funding come in so quickly. The Lord did an awesome work.)

And then even more was raised in abundance!

So where does that money go, you say?

There are some options, but the money is committed to CURE International. As of today, an abundance of $469.52 has been raised. That money, once it reaches $1,000, goes to sponsor a life-changing surgery for a Uganda child! That's $530.48 left. (*I put this information out there knowing that SO many of you have already made personal sacrifices, so know that I am sharing this part of the journey with you and value your prayers and other support.)

I honestly have no idea how the Lord will work to see that money reach $1,000, but I am very excited for that money to be used for that purpose nonetheless - even if it's combined with another team member of mine, with other funds raised through CURE, or if some sort of fundraising event post-travels can be coordinated to reach that mark.

Speaking of provision, I've been thanking God for each of you as I have received all of your support in the form of thoughts, prayers, encouragement, questions and conversations. Your blessings have been abundant, and my heart overflows with great gratitude :)

No comments:

Post a Comment